This week, I’ve had a lot to be happy for.
- A good friend, Tammy, came round for dinner with her adorable pup, Bruno, who finally, finally, finaaallly seems to be warming up to me (I suspect it’s all the cheese I’ve been bribing him with :P).
- I received some care packages from my Mom.
- And Hapiness, Wherever made it over the 300 daily views mark for the first time! 🙂 371 to be exact!!!! It’s only a small step on my way to becoming a full-time blogger, but I’m definitely grateful 🙂
So for today’s #thriftythursday ‘s Upcycling tutorial, I thought I’d DIY a little jar of #hapiness.
What you need:
- old food jar with the label removed (usually comes off in the dishwasher. If not, soak in oil and then scrub,)
- old wrapping paper, the width should be about 1/3 the height of the jar and it should be long enough to go around the circumference of the jar
- old rope- I got this off a shopping bag. Should be able to go around the jar at least 2x
- Dried flower- off the packaging of a present Tammy gave me actually!
Apply glue to the wrapping paper- I doubled mine up as it’s translucent but if yours is opaque, there’s no need.
Tie the rope around the jar, make a knot then tie a butterfly knot.
Tuck the flower into the knot and you’re finished!
Get some old paper, a pen and a scissors. Think of all the things you are grateful for and write it on the paper, then cut it into the individual blessings and put it in the jar. As the week goes along, watch your jar of happiness fill up 🙂 Every time you’re feeling down, you can randomly pick up a note to remind yourself that you have so much to be grateful for 🙂 The first note of gratitude that went into mine was obviously the increase in readership for Hapiness, Wherever. What was yours? 🙂