I’m a big time hoarder. I suspect many people who enjoy crafts and DIY are- after all you never know when something is going to come in handy! Which is why I bought 20 pairs of almost identical silver hoop earrings at a go!
After keeping them for a few years, I decided it’d be more practical to have earrings that I could actually tell apart so here are 17 ways I’ve updated my silver hoops. And they’re super easy too! Only 4 projects require pliers- the rest are perfect as a first time fashion DIY, requiring no tools (apart from scissors and glue for some)! So grab your friends for a crafter noon and give them a try!
- Use silver wire and wrap seed beads all around the hoops
2, Stick some leather onto the hoops
3. Use wire to wrap spikes onto the hoops
4. Thread a long red coral onto the hoops
5. Thread some seed beads and tassels onto the hoops
6. Thread some silver beads onto the hoops- and who says you need the same number on each?!
7. Use wire to wrap shells around the hoops
8. Thread lots of eye pins onto the hoops to make a statement piece
For step by step instructions- it’s really only 1 step- check this page out
9. Glue a silver spacer across each hoop
10. Tie long threads for a festival ready look
11. Wire wrap some colourful beads on for boho chic style
12. Fasten a round pin across each hoop
13. Dannijo inspired: thread lots of silver circles onto each hoop
14. (Mother of pearl) Bead + head pin * many many = very cool statement earrings
15. Too many clasps? Thread some pretty ones onto each hoop
16. Use a headpin to attach a teardrop crystal onto each hoop
17. Hoop + silver circles + another hoop + more silver circles
(Yes basically u use 2 pairs of hoop earrings for this)
Like the jewellery stand? DIY instructions here (it’s actually a trivet)
And here’s a birds eye view of all 17 designs! Do you have a favourite? Or want step by step photos on how to make a particular pair? Email me or leave a comment here to let me know! 🙂