Would a rose by any other name smell as sweet? The name of this product is definitely prophetic- it is my favourite lip balm, day or night, by leaps and bounds!
C O Bigelow is definitely my favourite apothecary brand- much better than Kiehls! With the exception of their conditioner (review here), I’ve loved every single CO Bigelow product I’ve tried, such as their Mentha Exfoliating Bar (review here)
- It made my lips feel smoother and more moisturised after ONE night! Usually, when I wake up, my lips are back to feeling dry but when I woke up after using this, my lips still felt soft and moist. In fact, I ended up using as both my lip balm for both day and night! My lips usually chap and crack in winter, but not when I use this regularly! 🙂
- I LOVE the smell- normally lip balms have such artificial smells and tastes which make me feel like I’m ingesting a load of chemicals. Although not organic, this one smells rather chocolate-y and doesn’t have an unnatural taste when you accidentally eat it (as happens with lip balm).
- The application method is more convenient than a pot balm and more hygienic than a stick balm (as you can wipe the “mouth” of the balm after each application)
Basically, it works! 🙂
Lips before treatment
Lips after treatment- there are still lines but this is after just 1 use- and they definitely feel much better and softer (Unlike some lip balms which protect your lips but don’t actually do anything for them!)
- A little pricier than the typical lip balm (but still worth the money)
- clear when applied
- fairly thick and moisturising
Full disclosure: I received this product for free from Liberty of London but NOT for review. It was part of their bi-annual, super amazing giveaway where if I spent like £150 and received TONS of freebies from amazing brands worth £150 or more, such as mini Diptyque candles! I highly recommend taking part in this promo when they run it again! So far, I’ve already bought 2 full sized products based on what was in the goodie bag 🙂
Look at this incredible haul from Liberty’s- all free with a £150 purchase! Can’t wait for the promotion to come about this year again 🙂